ABC Media receives thousands of files every day from many sources. Each text-formatted file is typically 1-2 MB in size. They need to store all these files for at least two years. They heard about Hadoop and about the HDFS filesystem, and want to take advantage of the cost-effective storage to store the vast number of files.
Which two recommendations could you provide to the customer to maintain the effectiveness of HDFS with the growing number of files?
- A: Consider breaking down files into smaller files before ingesting.
- B: Consider adding additional Name Nodes to increase data storage capacity.
- C: Reduce the memory available for namenode as 1-2 MB files don’t need a lot of memory.
- D: Consider concatenating files after ingesting.
- E: Use compression to free up space.